With California being one of the world’s largest hotbeds of hydrogen and fuel cell development, I was curious as to what kinds of jobs there are now for those seeking employment or re-employment. Here is a short list of some of the top jobs I’ve found today:
Top Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Jobs in California
Fuel Cell Engineering Intern for Mercedes-Benz
Here at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.(MBRDNA) we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
– Analyze future dealership needs for an on-site hydrogen station
– Define a list of hydrogen station technical requirements
– Define cost considerations
– Propose one or two potential station designs
More info can be found here –
Mercedes video https://youtu.be/WmeCIodKPxU
Fuel Cell Scientist
The fuel-cell program at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) has a position available at the Career Research Scientist level in the area of advanced diagnostics and mathematical modeling for fuel-cell and related electrochemical systems.
Some Responsibilities include:
- Perform research into next generation fuel-cell systems with focus on transportation and stationary applications.
- Help manage fuel-cell R&D including milestone responsibility and quarterly report and presentations.
- Develop research program related to critical fuel-cell components and phenomena.
More info can be found here – https://lbl.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=81466&src=JB-10181
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations.
Job ID# : 24638-1
Company : Sysco Riverside
Location : Riverside-CA
Category : Warehouse Jobs
Type : Full-Time
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Minimum Yrs. Experience : 1
Travel Percentage(%) : 0%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Trade School or College preferred.
- Raymond specific training.
- Experience repairing and servicing hydrogen fuel cells– 24v and 36v.
- Proficiency/ certifications in gas, mig welding and plasma cutting.
List of fuel cell forklift locations
When searching Indeed.com for either “fuel cell” or “hydrogen” jobs in California, there are 5 pages of jobs for each of these searches. When I conducted a similar search a couple of years ago there was only 1 page of jobs for each of these searches.
And, you know a new technology is starting to come of age, when a forklift technician job routinely lists the servicing of hydrogen fuel cells as one of many responsibilities, qualifications, requirements and skills.