Now, how often have you seen a classified ad that says, “Hydrogen Powered Truck for Sale”? My guess would be never. But, that is exactly what this is.
Over the weekend, I received an email from Dan Greenberg and he says he is selling a hydrogen powered truck.
Dan Greenberg, according to his Linkedin profile, is the former Director of Engineering and Product Development for a company called Hydrogen Power Incorporated. Dan says he was able to get his hands on this prototype vehicle when the company went under.
Under Greenberg, one of the techs used aluminum and water to generate H2 as I have outlined on my hydrogen on demand page. But, according to Mr. Greenberg, the hydrogen powered truck for sale has all the trimmings to run gasoline, compressed natural gas (CNG), compressed hydrogen (H2) or a blend of H2 and CNG (hythane) so the buyer will have many options. He currently runs the vehicle on CNG since there are no hydrogen fueling stations in his area of the country.
Here is some more info about the hydrogen powered truck for sale supplied by Mr. Greenberg:
- Hydrogen Power 2006 Ford Ranger XL Extra Cab w/ 24,000 miles
- It comes with a laptop and the software to program the ECO-Fuel bypass ECU that is installed.
- A second set of gaseous fuel injectors is switched on and the stock gasoline injectors are switched of seamlessly “on the fly”
- The vehicle has a timing retard module that can be switched on for driving on H2
- You can program new fuel maps to optimize the fuel of choice.
- Vehicle comes with more than $15,000 of professionally installed hardware.
- 16 valve I-4 Duratech ford 2.3L engine (lots of sport extras available from Cosworth)
- Two SCI 3600 psi tanks installed for 250 miles range on CNG or 90-100 miles on H2
- Using a blend of CNG and H2 almost 300 miles is attainable
Since space is limited on this blog, here are even more details about this hydrogen truck for sale. Mr. Greenberg lives in the Seattle area and is asking $15,000 for this converted alternative fuel truck. For more info Dan Greenberg’s phone number is 206-854-9142. And, be sure to tell him where you first heard about his hydrogen powered truck for sale.