A reader, Collin T. contacted me with a lot of enthusiasm, wanting to get involved in the hydrogen revolution. Here is what he said:
Collin T.: I get shivers down my spine when I see technology such as covered in your website. My dream is to own a hybrid car and fuel it up at my house using my hydrogen fueling station, powered by solar energy. Solar energy is captured, and stored in form of hydrogen, for use later in house appliances, your vehicle, etc. The technology is there but if your not Bill Gates or a close relative, then such a dream isn’t in your grasp at least for another 10-30 years. Sure, I have no choice but wait.
What I want to do is be apart of this exciting technology. Your website is excellent. Besides hosting, ‘HydrogenCarsNow’ website, are you involved in any other means in making this technology a reality for the masses. Aim me in the right direction. Where can I go to aid in lowering manufacturing cost for such devices as the hydrogen fueling station.
Possible I could promote such devices for now to the rich and famous, those that can afford it, dealing with installation, learning the technology. I want to jump on the ban wagon, How might I do this?
HydroKevin: Here are my top 10 suggestions for jumping on the hydrogen bandwagon:
1. Start locally by telling friends, family, acquaintances and anyone else who will listen about hydrogen
2. Send in editorials to the local newspaper about the subject
3. Call into radio stations during open lines, when they are discussing alternative energy subjects
4. Write your local, state and federal congressional representatives
5. Get online and comment on blogs
6. Write your own blog
7. Discuss the topic on social media sites such as MySpace, FaceBook and Squidoo
8. Go to Green message boards and engage in conversation
9. Contact the hydrogen manufacturers for ideas on how to promote their products
10. Contact celebrities about the need for hydrogen cars now
Of course, this top 10 list is not all-inclusive. What are some other ways you can find to promote hydrogen and make people aware of the subject?